VLADIVOSTOK, November 7 (Itar-Tass) —— More than 20 people were hospitalize with poisoning after a wedding party in the Amur Region, a source in the Amur regional branch of the Russian consumer rights watchdog said on Monday.
“Some 22 people got poisoned after a wedding party on November 5-6, 2011 in the town of Raichikhinsk,” the Rospotrebnadzor said in a statement. “Infected people were hospitalized to the infectious clinics in the town of Raichikhinsk and the settlement of Novobureisk with the preliminary diagnosis of an acute intestinal infection with suspected salmonellosis,” the statement reads.
According to preliminary reports, the salads dressed with mayonnaise caused the poisoning. The wedding party was held at a restaurant in Raichikhinsk.