London High Court rules Ukraine must repay $3 bln to RussiaBusiness & Economy March 29, 18:12
Russian energy minister pegs oil price at $70-100 as profitable for Arctic productionBusiness & Economy March 29, 18:02
Russian opera star Hvorostovsky announces two concerts in Toronto and DublinSociety & Culture March 29, 17:44
Russia's major natural gas producer says available reserves to suffice for over 20 yearsBusiness & Economy March 29, 17:38
Putin arrives in Franz Josef Land to size up Arctic environmental cleanupSociety & Culture March 29, 17:32
First in the world ice-class gas tanker comes to Arctic portBusiness & Economy March 29, 17:11
Eurovision broadcaster eyeing ban on Kiev from song contest over ‘unacceptable behavior’World March 29, 16:45
Diplomat slams calls to boycott 2018 FIFA World Cup as ‘campaign to contain Russia’Sport March 29, 16:34
How Russians conquered the Arctic in vintage photosBusiness & Economy March 29, 16:00
YEKATERINBURG, November 2 (Itar-Tass) — Sixteen students of the polytechnic in the town of Irbit, Sverdlovsk region, were hospitalized in a yersiniosis outbreak, the press service of the regional public health department told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
Regional health care officials told Tass that some of the contacts might also be sick with scarlet fever.
A majority of the contacts were hospitalized in the period from October 28 through October 31. As of Wednesday, two persons are in the condition of medium severity, one person is in an IT ward and the rest are in satisfactory condition.
Regional prosecutors and the department of the Rospotrebnadzor Federal Service for Supervision of Consumers Protection and Welfare have launched a check into the incident.
Yersiniosis is an infectious disease caused by a bacterium of the genus Yersinia. Infection with Y. enterocolitica occurs most often in young children. The infection is thought to be contacted through the consumption of undercooked meat products, unpasteurized milk, or water contaminated by the bacteria. It can also be contacted through eating from the plate of infected person.