Russia’s Supreme Court repeals guilty verdict and releases opposition activist DadinRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 11:53
Russia to push ahead with assistance to Syrian army in fighting terroristsRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 11:52
Russia’s cargo spacecraft Progress MS-05 sets course towards ISSScience & Space February 22, 11:32
Poll shows surge in Putin’s favorable ratings among AmericansWorld February 22, 11:28
Diplomat warns attempts to cheat during intra-Syrian talks may affect political processRussian Politics & Diplomacy February 22, 11:10
World’s governing anti-doping body seeks Russia’s membership reinstatement — WADA chiefSport February 22, 11:03
Ukraine's former president says he never asked Russia to send troops to Ukraine in 2014World February 22, 10:33
Ousted Ukrainian leader Yanukovich proposes holding referendum on Donbass statusWorld February 22, 10:14
Iran plans to buy 12 Superjet-100 Russian aircraft in near future — ministerBusiness & Economy February 22, 8:24
YEKATERINBURG, November 2 (Itar-Tass) — Sixteen students of the polytechnic in the town of Irbit, Sverdlovsk region, were hospitalized in a yersiniosis outbreak, the press service of the regional public health department told Itar-Tass on Wednesday.
Regional health care officials told Tass that some of the contacts might also be sick with scarlet fever.
A majority of the contacts were hospitalized in the period from October 28 through October 31. As of Wednesday, two persons are in the condition of medium severity, one person is in an IT ward and the rest are in satisfactory condition.
Regional prosecutors and the department of the Rospotrebnadzor Federal Service for Supervision of Consumers Protection and Welfare have launched a check into the incident.
Yersiniosis is an infectious disease caused by a bacterium of the genus Yersinia. Infection with Y. enterocolitica occurs most often in young children. The infection is thought to be contacted through the consumption of undercooked meat products, unpasteurized milk, or water contaminated by the bacteria. It can also be contacted through eating from the plate of infected person.