Putin says confident in development of Russian helicopter industryMilitary & Defense December 05, 21:15
Russian diplomat hopes Aleppo’s liberation will pave way for political dialogueRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 05, 21:13
Ministry: Calls to stop operation in Aleppo look like attempt to shelter terroristsRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 05, 20:28
Putin slams alleged dependence of Russian gas buyers on MoscowBusiness & Economy December 05, 19:21
Putin included in Time magazine’s Person of the Year shortlistWorld December 05, 19:16
Russia loses $500,000 greenhouse due to Progress spacecraft’s crashScience & Space December 05, 18:31
Russian Foreign Ministry to promote oil pipeline operator Transneft’s interests abroadBusiness & Economy December 05, 18:24
Moscow students launch campaign to collect aid for Syrian youthWorld December 05, 18:11
Uzbekistan’s President-elect thanks international monitors in RussianWorld December 05, 18:10
MOSCOW, October 30 (Itar-Tass) —— A fire in an apartment house in southeastern Moscow, which killed three people, among them a three-year-old child, might have resulted from smoking. They called for firemen too late, head of the city emergency situations department Yevgeny Bobylev told Itar-Tass.
The fire in a three-room apartment on the 9th floor of the 12-floor house on Shumilovskaya Street broke out at night. The fire spread to 35 square meters.
“The fire killed two women. The three-year-old child died on an ambulance,” he said.
It took the firemen several minutes to reach the burning apartment, but the blaze was already coming out of two windows. “This means they called for firemen too late,” Bobylev said. “The women took the baby to the entrance hall but did not close the door of the burning apartment. That was a lethal mistake. The smoke penetrated into the entrance hall. It took several minutes to unlock the metal door to the entrance hall. The women were dead, but the child was still alive. The doctors failed to save him,” Bobylev said.
The other two apartments on the floor were intact, he said.