MOSCOW, October 27 (Itar-Tass) — Moscow's Zamoskvoretsky court on Thursday will begin a trial of former Yukos co-owner Vladimir Dubov, accused of theft of 76 billion roubles of budget money. The defendant is outside of Russia, so the court will hold the trial in absentia, a court official said.
Dubov was charged in absentia with grand theft and causing property damage without hallmarks of theft (Articles 159 and 165 of Russia's Criminal Code).
The investigators said a tripartite agreement on cross-cancellation of debts was signed in 1997 between the Russian Finance Ministry, Yukos' daughter company "Yuganskneftegaz" and the administration of the Volgograd region. Dubov, who was head of Yukos' management company at the time, stole 76 billion roubles from the budget of the Volgograd region.
The money had been allocated for building housing for servicemen.
Dubov is on the Interpol wanted list at present. Some reports said he lives in Israel.