Activists in Berlin stage picket condemning Obama’s foreign policyWorld January 19, 21:17
Russian regulator promises to respond to any US restrictions of RT channelRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 19, 21:09
FIFA: Over 82,400 ticket requests applied globally for 2017 Confederations Cup in RussiaSport January 19, 20:17
Russia stands for developing legal tool to fight cyber hooliganismRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 19, 20:00
Russia is developing advanced hypersonic weapons — ministryMilitary & Defense January 19, 19:50
Former USSR leader receives Lithuanian court’s summons as witness in case over 1991 eventsWorld January 19, 19:29
FIDE chief says he plans to seek US entry after President-elect Trump’s inaugurationSport January 19, 18:56
Russian economy minister: Results of 2016 demonstrated adjustment to cheap oil, sanctionsBusiness & Economy January 19, 18:44
Russia ready to welcome Trump at economic forum in St. Petersburg — first deputy PMBusiness & Economy January 19, 18:29
MOSCOW, October 25 (Itar-Tass) — Russian and U.S. positions concerning EU’s decision to collect greenhouse gas emissions quotas from air carriers flying through Europe’s air space coincide, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov said on the sidelines of the forum Finnish Business in Moscow on Tuesday.
“The positions of Russia and the U.S. on this issue are similar,” he said. “We will not obey any unilateral decisions.”
According to earlier reports, Beijing and New Delhi also share Moscow and Washington’s opinions.
As of January 2012 Russia joins the EU Emissions Trading System. Under the European laws airlines will receive 85 percent of their required carbon emission permits for free in 2012 and will have to buy the remaining 15 percent at auctions.