Turkish authorities impose media ban on coverage of Istanbul explosionWorld December 11, 3:01
Erdogan says Istanbul terrorist attack causes fatalitiesWorld December 11, 2:52
Number of wounded in Istanbul explosion rises to 70 — TV channelWorld December 11, 2:38
Three settlements in Syria join cessation of hostilities — Russia’s Defense MinistryWorld December 11, 2:34
TV: Islamic State re-enters ancient city of PalmyraWorld December 10, 21:20
Saudi minister says Russia led consultations process with OPECBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:41
UK foreign secretary says protection of civilians should be 'top priority' in SyriaWorld December 10, 20:31
Non-OPEC states join historic oil cut dealBusiness & Economy December 10, 20:23
Russian diplomat urges Western reporters to be unbiased in war news coverageRussian Politics & Diplomacy December 10, 20:08
BELGRADE, October 2 (Itar-Tass) – An attack on two ethnic Serbs in Kosovo has left one of them dead and the other, severely wounded, Hazir Berisa, a spokesman for the police of the much-troubled breakaway region said.
Berisa claimed the police had organized several raids and searches but no one has been arrested so far and the motives of the crime are not known either.
In the meantime, Marjan Saric, the mayor of Orahovac near which the attack occurred said it was committed by the dominating Kosovan Albanians and had an ethnic motivation.
Unknown gunmen opened fire at two Serbs, the father and the son, when they were walking out of a restaurant in the town of Zrze. The father died on the spot and the son was rushed to hospital in a critical condition.
The police fear that the incident may fuel a further destabilization in Kosovo and Metohija and pave to way to more clashes between members of the ethnic Serb minority and the police or troops of the NATO-bolstered KFOR forces.