Serbia, Kosovo agree to continue high-level meetings — agencyWorld January 25, 4:00
Syrian talks in Astana successful - Turkish top diplomatWorld January 25, 2:39
Russia’s Shumakov center boasts record number of heart transplantations in 2016Society & Culture January 25, 0:48
EU-Moldova association deal may be scrapped if people say so — presidentWorld January 24, 23:10
NATO experts arrive in Moldova to assist in developing military strategyWorld January 24, 21:13
FIA F1 top management reshuffle unlikely to affect Russia’s Sochi GP — expertSport January 24, 20:42
Russia hopes for constructive work with Trump's administration at G20Business & Economy January 24, 20:29
Everything you need to know about Oscars 2017 nominationsSociety & Culture January 24, 19:57
Konchalovsky glad his film Paradise is absent from list of Oscar nomineesSociety & Culture January 24, 18:55
MOSCOW, September 25 (Itar-Tass) —— Kremlin first deputy-chief-of-staff Vladislav Surkov refused to comment accusations from billionaire Mikhail Prokhorov that he had masterminded his ouster as the leader of the Right Cause Party.
“As we are at a forum of the United Russia Party it would be strange to discuss the problems of the opposition at the expense of the ruling party. I would refrain from answering the question,” he told a media forum on Sunday where he was asked to comment Prokhorov’s “wire-puller” accusations.
Surkov was also asked whether Russia can develop into a parliamentary republic and responded with a resolute “no”.
“There are no radical steps in store. Moreover, (there will be) no transition to a parliamentary republic,” he said and recalled that Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and President Dmitry Medvedev have repeatedly denied such a possibility.
He said several laws had been adopted of late to streamline the political system and complicated the life of the ruling United Russia Party. He recalled the United Russia voted itself for the laws and added he believes the number of adopted laws was sufficient.