Seven parties to participate in Syrian talksWorld January 22, 9:54
Russia’s Pavlyuchenkova reaches Australian Open quarterfinalsSport January 22, 7:19
IBU Executive Board finds no grouns to suspend Russia's biathlon teamSport January 21, 22:53
Russia terrified watching monuments destroyed in Palmyra — culture ministerRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 21, 17:08
Russian bombers deliver successfully strikes on terrorists' facilities in SyriaWorld January 21, 15:39
Denmark uses Russian data in its application for expanding shelf — ministerBusiness & Economy January 21, 15:15
Agreement on bases in Syria to serve strengthening of stability in Middle East — MPRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 21:18
Trump's inaugural address: When America is united, America is totally unstoppableWorld January 20, 20:57
Hermitage chief: New Palmyra destruction comes across as militants' vengeanceRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 20, 20:29
MOSCOW, September 20 (Itar-Tass) —— Not a single army ammunition depot within city limits will store insecure munitions by the end of this year thanks to the Defense Ministry’s effort to withdraw and dispose of obsolete projectiles, Deputy Defense Minister Gen. Dmitry Bulgakov said on Tuesday.
“Some 230,000 out of 286,000 tonnes of ammunition, which is due to be removed from depots in large cities, have been taken away. The goal is met at 87%,” he said.
“There will be no insecure munitions left at depots in cities by the end of this year. The depots will store nothing but armaments and military hardware, which will be removed next year,” Bulgakov said.
Some 1.3 million out of 1.68 million tonnes of munitions planned for the disposal in 2011 have been disposed of, together with 50,000 out of 85,000 tonnes of gunpowder. “We will complete the construction of 145 modern ammunition storages this year. The storages will meet modern standards and have automatic fire extinguishing systems,” the general said.
Some 15,000 containers for storing ammunition will be supplied this year, he said.
The 99th depot in Bashkortostan was disbanded on September 1 by the order of the Russian General Staff, and the 102nd depot in Udmurtia would be disbanded by December 1, as both “failed to comply with the reformed Armed Forces,” he said.
Bulgakov said earlier that ten ammunition depots and bases would be withdrawn from the city limits this year. “The work is done for seven, and the remaining three will be removed by the yearend,” he said.