MOSCOW, September 6 (Itar-Tass) — The case over the explosion near the Palace of Culture and Sports in central Stavropol in 2010, in which eight people were killed, has been referred to court, Investigative Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin told Itar-Tass on Tuesday.
"The SK completed the probe into the criminal case against 21-year-old native of Dagestan Cherkes Rustamov, accused of the commission of crimes envisioned by Article 205, Part 3, Item b ("act of terror"), Article 222, Part 2 ("illegal turnover of explosive devices"), Article 317 ("attempted murder of law-enforcement personnel"), and Article 282, Part 1 ("inciting hate or strife"). The case has been referred to court for consideration on the merits," Markin said.
The investigators said Rustamov, together with Dagestan's residents Farid Misriyev and Abibulla Abdullayev, carried out an act of terror near the Place of Culture and Sports in central Stavropol last year.
It was ascertained that Abdullayev had made a bomb, and Misriyev had planted it.
Rustamov who was a student at a Stavropol college and knew the town well, selected a public place to plant the bomb in, and delivered the explosive device to the scene together with Misriyev.
Misriyev and Abdullayev have been destroyed. According to Markin, Misriyev was killed in a special police operation in June 2011, while Abdullayev was killed during the robbery of a Stavropol shop in September 2010.
The bomb with a yield of 500 grams of TNT was set off on May 26, 2010 near the cafe at the entrance of the Palace of Culture and Sports, 15 minutes before the performance of the Vainakh dancing group from Chechnya. Eight people were killed in the explosion, and another 57 were injured, including 14 law-enforcement personnel.