Russian Foreign Ministry: OPCW not rushing to investigate chemical incident in SyriaRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 25, 21:28
Russia’s legendary barque Kruzenshtern calls at Belgian portSociety & Culture May 25, 20:26
OPEC and non-OPEC countries to develop cooperation outside Vienna agreementBusiness & Economy May 25, 19:44
Russia squared-off with Western media blitz to smear World Cup preparationsSport May 25, 19:35
NATO seeks to continue and expand dialogue with RussiaWorld May 25, 19:01
WADA offers pole vaulter Isinbayeva post of ambassador for clean sports in Russia — sourceSport May 25, 18:57
Lavrov keeps close eye on situation with jailed Russian pilot in USRussian Politics & Diplomacy May 25, 18:51
Belkomur rail project brings new opportunities to Russia’s Arctic regionsBusiness & Economy May 25, 18:46
Russia to build first helicopter carrier by 2022Military & Defense May 25, 17:41
VLADIVOSTOK, August 29 (Itar-Tass) —— The search for the sharks, which attacked three people off the coast of the Primorsky Territory, was futile so far. Seven fishing vessels were searching for the sharks last weekend. Numerous Internet and mass media reports that the sea predator is caught and destroyed were not proved true. The checks showed that the fishermen caught spurdog and porbeagle safe for people.
“Special teams were made up of highly qualified fishermen and scientists onboard the vessels. The search is on in the south of the Primorsky Territory,” a source in the emergency response staff, which was set up in the territory particularly for catching sea predators, told Itar-Tass.
Governor of the Primorsky Territory Sergei Darkin participated personally in the search on Sunday. He set out in the sea onboard the Yantar fishing vessel in order to make sure that all the effort is taken to find and catch the sharks.
The only way to avoid an attack is to refuse completely from sea bathing unless the sharks are caught, the press service in the Primorsky territorial emergency service reported. The sea bathing in the Sea of Japan (the East Sea) off the coast of the Primorsky Territory is dangerous now, the press service said.
The scientists affirmed that a big shark could have appeared off the Primorsky Territory, because the water became much cleaner recently. The water contamination with the household wastewaters in the Pyotr Veliky Bay has been critical for many years and some species of fish sensitive to the water composition avoided the Primorye coastal waters. “Major projects, which were implemented to improve the ecology in the Primorsky Territory, including the restoration of the solid household waster dumping site in Vladivostok, the commissioning of central wastewater treatment facilities, have already improved the ecology of the offshore area,” the press center of the Primorsky territorial authorities reported.
The first shark attack on a swimmer in the Primorsky Territory was reported on August 17 in the Telyakovsky Bay in southern Khasan district. A 25-year-old man received numerous severe hip and bodily wounds and lost both hands. On August 18, the shark attacked a 16-year-old teenager, who received severe leg injuries, but already much far to the north off the Zheltukhin Island. On August 27, a 26-year-old resident from the settlement of Slavyanka in the Khasan district received slight shoulder and bodily wounds from the shark.
The scientists claimed that several sharks of various species attack people. According to the descriptions given by the eyewitnesses, this is big white shark and blue-grey Maco shark, which came to the Primorye coast in the pursuit for migrating fish schools.