Press review: Trump terrifies Western elites and Alibaba eyes partnership with SberbankPress Review January 18, 13:00
Kremlin knows nothing about Snowden’s intentionsRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 18, 12:50
Russian lawmaker: McCain confirms US recognizes Russia’s growing world roleRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 18, 12:42
Kremlin: Issue on Crimea status not matter of discussion for MoscowRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 18, 12:31
Russia views Austria’s OSCE chairmanship program as pragmaticRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 18, 12:16
New movie marks return of Russian cinema to India’s silver screens after 25-year hiatusSociety & Culture January 18, 12:09
Senator says Russia should not abide by ECHR ruling on adoption ban for USRussian Politics & Diplomacy January 18, 12:00
Stunning Miss Universe 2017 candidatesSociety & Culture January 18, 11:46
Chinese Foreign Ministry: Beijing ready to boost cooperation with MoscowWorld January 18, 11:11
VLADIVOSTOK, August 27 (Itar-Tass) —— The shark attacked a man for the third time near the settlement of Slavyanka in the Khasan district of the Primorsky Territory on Saturday. The 26-year-old local resident received slight forearm and bodily injuries this time, the press service of the Primorsky territorial emergency service told Itar-Tass on Saturday.
The authorities in the Khasan district of the territory lifted the ban for bathing on Friday. The ban was introduced on August 18 after two attacks of the sharks. Meanwhile, the sea patrolling was reinforced off the popular beaches.
Residents and guests of the Primorsky Territory were recommended to observe the safety rules when bathing, particularly not to swim in the deep sea and refuse from diving.
The last summer weekend is hot and shiny. Many weekenders are swimming in violation of the warnings made by the rescuers at the beaches in the Khasan district.
The first shark attack in the Primorsky Territory was reported on August 17 in the Telyakovsky Bay in the south of the Khasan district. A 25-year-old young man received numerous severe hip and bodily wounds, and the shark bit off his hands. The predator attacked the man again on August 18, but already much far to the north from the Zheltukhin Island. A 16-year-old teenager received severe leg injuries. The life of both injured people is already out of danger. They are undergoing treatment at the Vladivostok hospitals. The Khasan district chief introduced the full ban for bathing right after these attacks.
Meanwhile, the search for the sea predator is futile so far. Nine fishing vessels are searching for the shark. The shark hunters have searched through all bays in the Khasan district. Four motorboats and six cutters are also monitoring the sea area. The vessels did not find the traces of the man eater off the popular beaches in southern Primorsky Territory, though they were seeking to attract the sharks by the pig’s blood and pieces of poultry meat.
The scientists affirmed that several sharks of different species attacked people. According the descriptions given by the eyewitnesses, the sharks are white shark and blue-grey Maco shark, which came to the Primorye coast in the pursuit for migrating fish schools.